Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dear Diary a funny thing happened on the way to the Galleria

As some of you know I am trying to walk during my lunch hour for 30 minutes at work.  I walk to the Galleria and walk back no big deal other then I smell like a dog that has been outside so note to self bringing my perfume to work.  Well I get back to work and lo and behold #476 why I don't like working for a small company.  This lady I call Old Lady Magoo stops me on my way back to the office and says in her refined Texan accent:

"Daaaaylaaahyna did you just go a walkin to the Galleria?"

"Yes, yes I did"

"Ooohoohoho (laughing here) well I saw you from my car and was wondering what is Daaayllaayhna a doin walkin to the Galleria"

"I started walking around my lunch hour because I don't want to be fat forever"

I said this as I was walking away from her.  Seriously who cares.  I found out later she went asking around if they knew I walked around the Galleria.  REALLY really REALLY WHO CARES.  When did it become newsworthy when some one goes out for a walk.  So I thought I would share the hilarity ensued due to me trying to be healthy.  Oh yeah and what also made headline news was I refused a piece of German chocolate cake on Monday, GASP FATTY REFUSES SWEETS NEWS AT 11:00!  FATTIES DO WALK NEWS AT NOON.  So this was a quick entry I apologize for the grammatical errors and misspellings.  This lady is about to eat her side salad and grilled chicken breast kabob, BREAKING NEWS SHE DOES EAT HEALTHY!!!!!

3 comments:

Carol said...

keep it up! its a great idea to get away from your desk and get some exercise in during the day...sounds like she's just a gossip.

I regularly see a woman walking the halls near my office - ipod in her ears and walking away....maybe I'll join her one day...

alyshalynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alyshalynn said...

Haters Gonna Hate!
http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/039/080/original/5008_9c00_420.gif?1265669754