Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dear Diary it is GD hard for this B to lose weight!


So I know a lot of you have seen that cover of People magazine where a matoore actress is in a bikini or skin tight dress with her hands raised in a V shouting I lost 75 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!  They make revolutionary statements of “All I needed to do was eat a balanced meal and exercise.”  Well woop de freaking do, if I had Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig giving me some cold hard cash to lose weight you bet this lady would kick it into high gear.  What they don’t tell you is they have a personal trainer and personal chef or that they work out 8 hours a day to get those abs.  Well I am a normal person not a celebrity documenting my weight loss and IT IS HARD.  Why was it easier to gain weight... oh yeah because all I did was sit there and shoveled food down my gullet.  Now I have to exercise and eat a balanced meal, no seriously I am trying to do that.  It’s hard when you work 40 hours a week and all you want to do is cuddle with your puppy and watch Glee or Community.  So I will be honest I have my moments of failure.  I am weak sometimes.  Especially when this B is an emotional mess and needs chocolate stat.  I have lost some poundage but not as fast as I thought I would which is fine.  You don’t want to lose to rapidly because then before you know it all comes back.  Also the reason for this blog is to show you that I am losing weight the old fashion way.  I am not going to Star Jones’ you, I am not going to say I did diet and exercise when all I did was get gastric bypass and eat meals in shot glasses for a year.  So I am in a need to pump myself up again.  I am having a moments of doubt:
“Will I ever lose weight”
“Am I destined to be overweight forever” 


Then I hear Jonathan the Dr. Phil of weight loss motivation and I can see him tell me like the guy in the Geico commercial in a drill sergeant voice "Maybe we should chug on over to mamby pamby land where maybe we can find some self confidence for you, you jack wagon!"  Then throw the tissue box at me.   Yeah that is my husband and I love him and if he weren’t like that to me I would wallow in my own misery of fatness.  He is straight shooter and doesn’t sugar coat (mmmmsugar) anything and I love him for that.  Also I think of my dad too, he was my biggest cheerleader.  He would say “Mija, I am so proud of you and I know you can do it, you have done it before!”  My dad was like the Oprah of weight loss motivation.  So it’s great to hear my dad and Jonathan motivating me in different ways.  Who are the Oprah and Dr. Phil’s in your life?  Who motivates you in different ways for the better?




2 comments:

Dahnya said...

Thank you for bringing that commercial into my life!

Poor Fran. He is my Oprah. After a week of "losing weight for sure now" where I ran once, ate 5 slices of pizza and the poor guy still diligently measured me without saying a word about how much I suck when it comes to self-discipline.

We are lucky gals, D! With them around, it doesn't matter how often we fail, they'll pick you up and make you keep going. :)

Unknown said...

THIS WAS HILARIOUS!!

No, I didn't have my caps lock on, I did it for emphasis.

I love you like a back-alley hooker loves crack. But you knew that already.

Love,
Mon