Monday, July 11, 2011

Dear Diary Buffalo Exchange and Yard Sales can SUCK it....(updates)

Mexican not included
Hey there, ho there its summer, summer time (insert Will Smith dance).  Many of you know that I am now unemployed, underemployed, funemployed, etc.  You get the gist.  Well I am still trying to lose weight.  I lose, I gain, I lose, I gain...its like the economy, recession, recovery, recession, recovery.  So yeah it sucks.  Well I need money and I need to get rid of crap.  That always equals YARD SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!  Which by the way suck to put together in the dead of heat and you are dying outside while your husband is comfortably sitting at his desk in his turbo Air Conditioned office building.  Anyways we sold stuff, my favorite customer of the day....Old Mexican man who bought random items and paid us in five dollars worth of dimes!  Yeah he bought my mariachi hat, my mom's velvet tiger painting, eagle bookends, and a scary clown figurine.   Why, Why, Why?  I mean I understand the mariachi hat and velvet tiger painting because WHO DOESN'T NEED THAT! We sold crap and boy did people buy it.  Whatever we didn't sell we donated.  We are trying to downsize our stuff.  (But that's another blog post).  The only thing I didn't donate were these really cute shoes that I stupidly thought Buffalo Exchange would buy.  They are cute...



Loved these shoes!!!
Well if you don't know Buffalo Exchange its a clothing store that sells gently used clothes that are hip and cool.  You can also sell them your clothes.  Well I never learn my lesson.  Last time I went there with 2 trash bags full of clothes they bought 3 items, count it 3 items, the rest were donated-I was thin by the way back then no fatty clothes.  Well anyways that store is for skinny people not fatty mcbutterpants like myself.  Well I put some clothes in there for plus size women thinking about what Jonathan said, "Uh this is Houston, we have lots of fatties here including us."  I mean they were nice clothes from Torrid and the LB (three times a lady stores as I like to call them).  Yeah so I thought at least they will take the cute shirts (no pit stains or anything barely been worn) and 3 pairs of my shoes.  Nope only one pair of my shoes, the black patent pleather Ann Klein shoes with the gold sole, and nothing else NOTHING.  It didn't help that the tiny little girl in front of me had two target bags full and they took all her stuff.  But not Large Marge here, nope, fat women apparently only like mumus and empire waist shirts. (UGH NO WE DON'T bad enough being fat but being mistaken for being pregnant NO THANK YOU!) And we are not cool enough to shop there.  They have a plus size section but its a small section (can you smell the irony there) and its biggest size is a size 12, really REALLY really!  I know I am 31 almost 32 and shouldn't be looking at the store but sh*t I like to look cute sometimes.  I see my options at most stores and its crap that makes me look bigger, empire waist shirts or loose ass shirts but with jeggings, really how does that makes sense.  Well so I donated everything and got 7 bucks for the Ann Klein shoes that I got at Marshalls for 15 bucks so not bad considering I was selling them for 2 bucks at my garage sale.  Well even if this Fat B gets smaller and can shop at Buffalo Exchange I won't because they are pretentious ass munches who think they are cool and don't realize people be fat in this day and age.  You are not fooling anyone with your liberal arts degree in basket weaving while you quote Karl Marx.  Oh and funny enough I really got 7 dollars and 70 cents back for the shoes and the 70 cents was all in dimes. Pos now I can buy my mariachi hat back!  The End

2 comments:

Control Complex said...

I like the part where he paid in dimes.

Dahnya said...

Your entry just reaffirmed my hatred for that funky smelling "store".