Sunday, May 13, 2012

Dear Diary "I LOVE KALE CHIPS!"

So I am on a quest to have healthier snacks readily available or easy to make and my dearest friend introduced me to Kale Chips.  OH MY LANTA they are delicious!  I normally do not enjoy weeds aka kale you steam and serve with liquid aminos (seriously ya'll, people would eat this all the time at the Health Food Restaurant I worked at back in 2000).  Anyways this is so good and crispy and light, only 2 points per serving which is roughly under 100 calories and it is a good healthy green!  So my mother's day gift to you guys is this healthy alternative to potato chips, YOUR WELCOME!

Kale Chips-4 servings or 1 Delena (I should not eat all of it!)

4 cups of Kale (cut up chips size with stems removed)
1 tablespoon of olive oil or any oil (I use my Misto and spray about 2 long sprays of olive oil on it)
Sprinkle generousness amounts of Eden Foods Gomasio (sesame salt)*


Preheat oven to 425 degrees then take a large baking sheet and cover with foil.  Spread out Kale chips, spray or brush olive oil.  Then season with Gomasio.  Bake for 5-7 minutes depending on your oven.

*Alternative to Gomasio

So yeah I tried to find Gomasio here in Atlanta and even went to Sevenanda (the most granola herbal place since original Whole Foods) and they didn't have it SOOOOOOOOOO here is what I did in it's place.

Sea Salt
Japanese Red Pepper Mix Shichimi Togarashi (find in Asian section of store or specialty Asian stores)
Sesame Seeds

Sprinkle the above on the Kale Chips and bake and enjoy.

I love Trader Joe's they already have the Kale cut up and clean!

Eat these suckers and enjoy, seriously Jonathan loves them!

1 comment:

alyshalynn said...

Take it a step further into the hippie realm and try Hemp Seeds instead of just Sesame.