Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dear Diary Sketchers are Sketchy

Why did people think these shoes worked?!
So yeah I never bought them but I know some people who did.  I am talking about the Sketchers Shape-Ups, those Frankenstein's monster looking shoes women wore thinking man I hope my butt looks like Pippa Middleton's in 3-6 months.  I never believed that claim; it's like the infomercials about a miracle pill that will help you lose weight and then shown in tiny letters and the announcer reads at a rapid pace, "Works only if you also diet and exercise."  Oh you don't say.  Yeah I remember when my dad tried metabolife but his doctor was like yeah no, you have a heart condition.  Eventually my dad lost weight on his own no miracle drug or butt shaping shoes included.  So yeah I am going that route the Roel Method, he walked everyday and cut back on how much ate and monitored what he ate.  I am not going to name names but I know friends who bought shoes like this, not only Sketchers but Reebok had them too.  Well looks like both had to pay big ol fines to the FTC for lying about results you will get with the shoes.  I just think it is hilarious and sad how people take advantage of others so easily because of their desperation to attain something or in my case lose something.  Yeah fatties will do anything to lose weight as long as we get to keep eating our McDonalds too.  The United States is getting to be a Fatty Mcbutterpants Nation.  Companies will try anything to sell their product.  I wonder if Shape-Ups were a mistake.  I can see it now:

"Hey Bill did you finish that mock up design for the new walking shoe, the gliders"
"Sure did Joan, I think people will love it so I input in the computer based on all the data we compiled on how the shoe should look but I spilled diet coke on the motherboard so I hope it didn't screw it up, I have the team printing it out now"
Guy runs in with poster.
Joan unrolls it and looks in horror.
"Jesus Christ Bill this looks like a shoe Frankenstein's monster would wear, or something old ladies would wear on the buses going to Coushatta"
"What tha, Joan this is not what was supposed to happen"
"Well we already have lots of money in the shoe design so here is what we will do, ladies will wear anything ridiculous as long as it promises to help them lose weight or gain muscle, so why not say that about this ugly ass shoe!"
"Joan that is genius I will make up statistics and sh*t and get that slutty reality star with big ol badunkadunk to be our spokesperson and they will think oh man I will have her ass (but they won't teehee)."
"This is almost too easy" Joan does a maniacal laugh.
Yeah it probably went down like that.  I am guilty of being desperate to lose weight.  I hate exercising or EXORCISING.  I love food so damn much I would plan my day around it, still do.  I am getting older know and I read more boring news websites and magazines and newspapers.  So I am becoming more informed about the human body.  Miracle drugs or Miracle Ugly Shoes don't work in the long run.  It is your lifestyle and motivation that determines whether or not you achieve your weight loss goal.  So a word from the notsowise aka me, don't think just because something says take this and you will lose weight or wear this means it will happen.  The Roel Method works everytime, eat right, exercise and be mentally ready to lose the weight (insert Oprah inspirational phrase here!).

Also public announcement, if you have those ugly shoes and you know who you are you can get a refund from Sketchers and also Reebok is doing the same.

Here is a link telling you how to get your refund: How to get my money back from LIARS!!!!!

3 comments:

Carol said...

I heard this on the radio news and can't believe it took this long for them to admit their claims were bogus...there is no miracle pill, shoe, etc. I do know people who say these shoes are comfortable, I think they are sooo ugly!

Marivel said...

Duuuddee,
My dad has a pair and ENJOYS wearing them! LMAO They are hideous. And I'm not sure if he got them for what they claimed to do, but regardless, he has a pair.

Dahnya said...

haha! my mom bought a pair and swears by them! meanwhile, family is laughing at her for looking like a weirdo.

ps: if only i could cut off my love for chocolate this would be easier :(