Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dear Diary Eating Healthy Sucks

But it doesn't have to be.  I am posting an article I was emailed about the Healthiest Foods from Real Simple.com

Blueberries
So read about eating healthy foods, I will get to it right after I finish this snickers bar.  Just kidding but seriously.  I am happy to report I do eat most of these healthy foods but do I do it most of the time, well if I did I wouldn't be writing this blog, hmmm.  So next goal eat more of these foods on this list, it isn't rocket science folks but somehow it can be just as daunting.  I will have more posts soon about my progress.

4 comments:

Dahnya said...

My two go two "healthy snacks" (that don't involve carbs, *ahem*, hummus): strawberries & tangerines. Not only do they smell great, they are pretty darn tasty.

Delena said...

I love strawberries! I need all the help I can get girl.

Control Complex said...

Here's a yummy one I've been enjoying lately: Buy yourself a gigantic bag or two of frozen fruits from Sams. I like mango, but strawberries would work too. Put some of said frozen fruit in a bowl and microwave for about 2 minutes till slightly warmed. Top with greek yogurt (it's got tons of protein yo) and some slivered almonds or crushed walnuts. Freaking amazingly delicious post-workout snack (or dessert).

Control Complex said...

also peanut butter on reduced fat triskets. String cheese. Low-fat cottage cheese. Tortilla with neufchatel cheese, raisins and walnuts. Protein smoothies (nom...healthy milkshake nom). Bananas are always good right? Diced cucumbers? A glass of chocolate skim milk?

Food is fuel!