Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dear Diary I need a young priest and an old priest

My dearest oldest friend, Ouiser (pronounced Weeza for those who have never seen Steel Magnolias which you should!!! and out of respect no real names will be used) pointed out that on my first post I misspelled exercise and put exorcise and she said it’s like you are exorcising the pounds away like demons.  I think in the back of my mind I meant to do that because seriously fat is like a demon that just sucks your will to live.  I mean come on how many of you have gone on Linda Blair rages when you can’t find any ice cream in your freezer and you start spouting out Latin and turning your head around 360.  I know I have, ask Jonathan.  Seriously I do equate exercising with exorcising because face it, it ain’t pretty, it’s hard, it hurts and in the end we are all covered in pea soup.  Seriously have you watched Biggest Loser all those people just throw up every time they finish working out.  Also our body contorts in ways it shouldn’t and there is a lot of screaming and sweating as Ouiser pointed out.  I don’t know why but I hear in my head a southern preacher saying “We must EXORCISE the fat” or Reverend Brown from Coming to America saying, “If loving to eat is WRRRONG, I don’t wanna be right.” Well hey its true man I love to eat and I hate to EXORCISE!!! But in the end we need to get rid of the fat/demon but I hope when I lose weight my fat doesn’t leap onto someone else ala Exorcist (Spoiler Alert demon leaps into young priest and then he gets killed).  Exercising is good for your mind and your body.  I just need to motivate myself to do it.  Luckily I found a deal online 20 classes for 20 bucks to ZumbaI am going to do it!!!  I asked Jonathan to join me but he passed.   Surprise Surprise.  Though I do find when I have buddies to work out with I do make myself exercise more.  When it’s just me, man I am good at talking myself out of it:
Me: Delena you need to go for a walk
Me:  You are right I do
Me: Well are you?
Me:  Meh its cold outside and I have hot chocolate being brewed in my Keurig and I am already in my PJs
Me: You are right let’s just sit on the couch and see what Rachel Ray is making, oh guess what cabbage stoup again with a side of grilled cheese sammies! (she always makes this crap I kid you not 9 times out of 10 it’s a stoup and sammies combo ugh) More after the jump.....



And that’s what happens every single time.  Freaking hot chocolate and Rachel Ray and myself convince me to stay in and get fatter.  No more I say.  I am going to do this.  I have a good work out buddy, my cousin Hitgirl.   She and I are trying to lose weight together and we even have a contest going, the Big Fat Loser Contest.  She and I have fallen off the wagon but we are back on!  We walk once a week on Sunday Mornings so any of my buddies who want to join us can.   Let me know!  Seriously it helps to have someone who has your back and says HEY LET’S DO THIS!  (See even Linda Blair needed buddies to exorcise the demons out of her, a young priest and an old priest.)   I also highly recommend if you are trying to lose weight to set your alarm to go off to Eye of the Tiger because you tend to get motivated like Rocky and want to run up the steps in Philly and twirl around in a circle with your fists pumping in the air.  


4 comments:

Dahnya said...

I think I snooze so many times that it would defeat Stallone's motivation...however, the Linda Blair analogy: genius.

You need to quit crunching numbers and start selling ad revenue on your blog. No joke.

Delena said...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Thanks for the compliment though, I just want to keep myself motivated and if other people know then its harder for me to give up, like last night I was about to fold and maybe get a frozen pizza but I didn't. We made vegetarian stuffed bell peppers and they were delicious, 400 calorie dinner vs 1,000 calories, yeah.

Control Complex said...

I wanna do Zumba with you Del!! Btw, go easy on yourself. You can exorcise without puking and still get a good workout. Biggest Loser contestants are freaks, that's why they make great reality TV. Keep the motivation high, but don't burn yourself out!

Sandra said...

Keep up the good work. I'm trying to exercise after nearly 4 years of inactivity after having kids. I can barely run 3 blocks right now and my goal is 3 miles by end of March. Nothing worthwhile is ever easy!