Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dear Diary it's me Fatty

Well this is my first post on chronicling my weight loss and my struggles on keeping it off.  Hmm where to begin.  About 4 years ago I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and wow was that a shocker.  Not really I had already suspected I had it since I am a hypochondriac and always do a self diagnosis, I have had cancer four times in my head to date thanks to Web MD.  Anyways Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) basically affects 1 in 9 women and causes your hormones to go crazy and in the middle of all that mess its harder to lose weight and even causes one to gain weight.  Exhibit A which is me.  So yeah I finally have a good reason to be fat, it ain't me its my hormones, oh you silly hormones.  Well as I read about the bad things that happen to women with PCOS I realized hmm maybe I should try to be healthy because if I decide to ignore bad things will happen to my body.  Wavy picture dream sequence....<cue Price is Right Announcer> "Delena Martello COOOOOOOOOOOOOOME ON DOWWWWWWN"  Picture me wearing my Funster T-Shirt and getting to the podium.  Drew Carrey looks at me and says "look at what you get if you decide to continue to do nothing about it....Heart Disease!!!!!!!!! Diabeeetus!!!!! Infertility!!!!!

Yeah who knew Hormone Imbalance was a crazy harpy that reeks havoc on your body.  Yeah well she does and she is a b**ch.  I have 3 books on PCOS and not one of them says well just sit on your fat butt and just let it go, your hormones will balance someday.  Yeah but they all do say proper diet and exorcise will help control PCOS and decrease your chances of heart disease and diabetes and increase your fertility.  Boooooo I am lazy and don't they know I like to eat sugar by the cupfuls and sit on my ever widening a** watching the food network. Oh Paula Deen how I love your "butta" balls fried in peanut "Oyall".  Don't they know my husband is an enabler who is just as weak as me.  "Jonathan what do you want for dinner, we can cook a healthy meal together and cherish our marriage in that we share in all our experiences together" riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, more like "Jonathan, what do you want for dinner, how about some crappy frozen pizza that is 1,000 calories per serving with 80% of your daily serving of sodium."  Here on my blog I will post my stories and pictures of a healthier me.  Hey I am not Jennifer Hudson or Kirstie Alley or Valerie Bertanelli but I will be like them and get in my bikini in no time, buwahahahaha seriously at least a one piece where I don't look like a beluga whale or confused for a seal that is sunbathing.  And yes I will do this because I have the Eye of the Tiger,< cue Survivor Eye of the Tiger>

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your blog... and how you typed "exorcise" like the fat demons will leave you by force!

Delena said...

Dude its true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rubytuesday73 said...

i'm so proud of you, delena! you are really taking charge of your health and kicking some ass. you are my inspiration! :)

Jay Johnson said...

wow, for such an awesome song it has the most boring video ever. Although I did love the random flinging of wet hair. :)

Delena said...

Jay did you see how toight their jeans were!!!! And all they do is walk, Walk Walk Walk, walk walk walk....

Dahnya said...

The imagery conjured by the Price is Right...priceless.

Go D!!!! I suck at running & I'm BEYOND lazy. If you need a buddy, I can be your girl. :)

Delena said...

Yay! Thanks Dahnya I will keep you in mind. @ Gwendolyn I decided it's time to do this right and if I tell people I am doing it, it makes me more motivated to stick with it. I am tired of shopping at 3 times a lady stores aka Lane Bryant.

Hammer said...

Soooo. Were not having fried chicken
tonight?

Carol said...

you can do it, and in supporting you hopefully a little healthfulness will rub off on me....

Control Complex said...

Yay Del! So first things first...Paula Deen is the head demon you should be trying to exorcise. so you can just stop watching her altogether...she is truly evil incarnate. Butter and fried chicken are not your friends!!
Instead of frozen pizza, keep healthy frozen burritos, frozen batches of healthy leftovers, and some cans of low-cal soup on hand for when you're lazy. You can do it grrl!