Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dear Diary Cauliflower Crust Pizza is......

DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So I decided to try a recipe I pinned on my Pinterest (and if you don't have a Pinterest you are better off its ADDICTIVE).  I started off by going to Trader Joe's and grabbing some ingredients for my ZA (oh yeah busting out more douchey words).  First off the cashier at Trader Joe's was dogging my home state of Texas, he said and I quote "There ain't nuthin good about Texas except Austin, outside of Austin it ain't good..."  I was about to bust out my Texas ID to show him oh WHAT I am from Texas and its not AUSTIN, in yo Face but alas I got a Georgia License now and it says Atlanta on it, UGH!  So much for my argument.  Turns out the guy was really nice FOILED AGAIN, I wanted him to be a pretentious ass munch but he was just a Georgian ill-informed about the other GREATER Texas cities other then Austin.  Austin can keep their weirdness.  AAaaaaanwHays onto the Pizza!  I was unsure about it at first.  As you know one thing I like to do is listen to my body and my body says eating tons of bread makes you a fattymcbutter pants, and I mean white yummy bread that is so refined and processed it makes you go into insulin shock, not really but you catch my drift.  Well I thought I would try this GLUTEN free recipe and reduce my refined flour intake.  First, you chop up a whole cauliflower and put it in the food processor and chop until it looks mealy or if you don't have that you can grate the cauliflower, this is called riced cauliflower and it kind of looks like little baby rice or really couscous.  Then you mix it with tons of CHEESE and other ingredients and well judge for yourself....
Here is the "crust" before it's cooked
Here is the cooked crust!  Look at it, it is so CHEESY


Then I put on some serious toppings, Chicken Sausage, Spinach and Garlic!


So apparently I didn't get a picture of the finished product cooked whoops, I thought I did, well it was AWESOME!  I wasn't sure if Jonathan would like it and he said "I ate four slices, I would say I like it"  Then he said, "It's exactly how I thought it would taste being what it is, it just tastes like a weird hippie pizza crust but its a good crust."  Ugh thanks I guess, well I thought it was great, feel free to try it.  So here is the recipe from the blog Eat.Drink.Smile




2 comments:

Carol said...

looks good! pinterest is addicting, I have to limit my time on it..

Dahnya said...

the fact that you used pinterest is reason enough to congratulate you! but to have foregone all the fatty options & go for the veggie pizza...hurray!!! i'm going to attempt to copy-paste this into my life, too. thanks!