Monday, January 30, 2012

Dear Diary Thai Curry Dishes are Yummy

Here is a recipe that I got from my friend Carol's Blog but I adapted it for our tastes and feel free to do the same but here is the basic recipe...

Garlic Curry Chicken and Spinach (With Sweet Potatoes!)


Yummy for my tummy













(Serves 4)

2tbsp olive oil
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch wide strips
1 medium sweet potato diced into 1 inch cubes
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 medium onion cut into thin slices
1 tbsp of curry (I love curry!)
2 tsp of cayenne (you can adjust to your taste but I love spicy things)
1 14-15oz can of light coconut milk
4 cups of baby spinach
Hot cooked Rice, (I use Basmati Rice since it is low glycemic, yes lower then Brown Rice)

Directions
Prepare Rice, if desired
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until hot but not smoking.  Add chicken and cook for about 4 minutes, then add sweet potatoes and onion and cook for another 5 minutes.  Then add garlic, cayenne and curry and cook for 30 seconds or until you can smell the garlic.  Then add the coconut milk and I let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes covered until potatoes are done and you will get a thick sauce from it. Add Spinach and cook until it is wilted.  I don't add salt or pepper because it is so delicious with the spices without, but feel free to add salt and pepper to taste.  And serve over rice.